Monday, April 26, 2010

The Train Never Came...

We were supposed to go to Sweden this weekend, but the train never came so we missed our bus to the airport and therefore missed our flight. I'm looking forward to being able to drive a car again. Public transportation just isn't reliable.
The weather in Luxembourg was really, really nice so it was at least a good weekend to be here. On Friday we babysat Lynn and took Sam to school. We met Danie at the grocery and shopped with her. We stocked up on Cini-Minis which is my favorite cereal in all of Europe. According to Hannah it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch but I don't think I've ever had Cinnamon Toast Crunch so I wouldn't know.
My debit card started to malfunction on Thursday and I later found out my bank cancelled my card. Apparently someone hacked into Fifth Third's system and compromised some of their numbers so they had to issue new cards to everyone effected. Of course mine was one of those cards. The bank sent me a new card to my house in the US and neglected to inform me of this situation. So, I'm currently moneyless until my new card arrives in Luxembourg sometime this week. Luckily Hannah gave me a loan.
On Saturday, Jenn, Han, and I took the train to Trier, Germany. It has a nice shopping district and it's a really pretty city. We walked around and listened to a few live bands, Han and Jenn did some shopping, and then we headed back to Lux. At night we went to a birthday barbeque for Carlo's two-year-old nephew.
On Sunday, we hung outside for the first half of the day. It was almost 80 degrees! Warmest weather so far. We ate more barbeque food for lunch, cleaned our room, and got out butts kicked by Pitt in poker. We bought the Kollers pizza for dinner and we ate outside.
I skyped Katelynn and then my family and then went to bed.
This week is the last week of classes. We have our end of the year banquet on Wednesday night. I can't believe the semester is coming to an end. I will be home in 11 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment