Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pescara, Italy

Going to Pescara was slightly random. Lauren, Hannah, and I found cheap RyanAir flights and we found out it was on the beach, so we booked the trip. It ended up being a great decision! The weather in Pescara was pretty nice but not exactly beach weather. It was around 60 degrees and sunny but the wind on the beach made it feel colder than it actually was. That didn't stop us from laying on the beach...even if we were wrapped on our winter coats. We pretty much just spent the entire time walking around the city (it was small), shopping, and hanging out on the beach.

Last Thursday our Political Science class were invited to dinner at our Professor's house. The British ambassador to Luxembourg came and spoke with us. He taught us a lot about the political structure of the UK which helped to clear up a few questions I had. For the most part he was a pretty interesting speaker. When the Ambassador left, our professor told us stories about his life, mostly from his WWII experience. I loved listening to him. His life should probably be made into a movie.

Today is my host brother, Sam's 4th birthday. We're actually celebrating tomorrow though. I'm not exactly sure what that means in Europe but I have heard rumors of a cake. Danie's birthday was last Wednesday and we had delicious cake for that.

Classes this week are kind of a joke. I only had 1 on Monday, 3 today (yuck..), 1 tomorrow, none Thursday, and I'm skipping class Friday to go to Paris. We're leaving Thursday afternoon and meeting Hannah's family is Paris! I'm really excited to see them and to go to Paris. I just counted and I only have 18 days of real class left. This is because we have two weeks off of school for spring break and our base course trip and I no longer have class on Thursdays. Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment