Thursday, January 7, 2010

First day in the city

This morning we rode the train in to Differdange to the Chateau (the castle where classes are held). There are only two other guys with the program who are staying in Noertzange (where Jenn, Hannah, and I are living) so we'll ride the train with them everyday.
When we got to the chateau we had a welcome session followed by 2 long lectures. By the end, I was literally holding my ele lids open so I wouldn't fall asleep. We had lunch all together and it wasn't exactly delicious but it got the job done. We had a few more lectures then we were able to explore the chateau and walk around differdange. The Chateau is really nice but it's smaller than I pictured. Differdange is really pretty. I took a couple pictures but not many so I'll talk more tomorrow then post them either on here or on facebook.
We had to go to the town hall today to petition our stay. Good news, they're letting everyone live here. Really all they did was copy our passports and make us sign a paper.
We went into Lux city for the first time today. It was absolutely freezing but still fun to walk around. They still had all of their Christmas lights up so it was really pretty and the buildings are beautiful. We ate dinner and some Italian restaurant...I got pizza. I'm really branching out, I know. After we walked around some more, we got back on the train and headed home.
We hung out with our host family and played cards with the kids. They have kept a book with stories and pictures from all the students who have lived here. It was neat to look at it and see what the students had to say. Basically the consensus is the family is great and the time flies. I'm sure I'll be signing the book in no time.
For whomever may be reading this: I hope your week is going well and I miss you very much! I love you all!


PS- The theme verse for the trip is (decided by Hannah and me) Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you WHEREVER you go."

Also sidenote: Kelsey if you are reading this, sam and lynn eat bologna in the shape of a panda. It even has panda spots. Try not to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment