Sunday, January 24, 2010

Strasbourg: Strawesome

I spent the weekend in Strasbourg with Hannah, Jenn, and Luke. Our hostel was huge and actually really nice. As far as I can tell I there were no bed bugs and I haven't developed scabbies. We spent most of the time just walking around the city. The main part is surrounded by a canal so we walked all around canal and it was really pretty. The buildings is Strasbourg has amazing architecture and they were all different colors. My favorite building was the Cathedral. It was a 16th century gothic style cathedral. We climbed to the top of it where we could seen an amazing view of the entire city. This was my favorite part of the trip. I will put up facebook pictures tomorrow. Another pretty part of Strasbourg is petite France. I don't know how to explain this part of Strasbourg other than to say it was just really scenic. The buildings looked like something out of a fairy tale. We left this afternoon and got back to LUX around 5. For some reason, the police have been making an appearance more frequently. On the train ride home they walked through all the cars and made everyone show their IDs or passports. I've also been seeing them on the LUX trains. Just thought I'd let you all know. I'm exhausted and going to bed. Goodnight

2 comments:

  1. why do you always mention bed bugs when talking about hostels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because hostels are shady and often have bed bugs, liv.

    ReplyDelete